Monday, March 29, 2010

It's not rain, it's liquid sunshine

Dear Family,
I can't believe how fast the weeks are passing by. I'm already a little panicked that my mission will be over before I know it. This past week has been insanely busy. The Lord truely is blessing Sis. Conger and I. We found seven new investigators this week! A 19 year old guy named Saia was one we met last Monday. He is the nephew of an amazing Samoan family in the ward. We've met with him almost everyday and its been amazing to see the change thats happened in his life from just the begining of the week. He came to church this Sunday and is set to be baptized on April 10th. He's like 6'6 and makes me feel short! He's amazing and already talking about serving a mission! This week has really just been a week of miracles. I think I say that every week but the miracles just never stop. I keep thinking that one day we'll just be normal, but every day seems to be miraculous. From investigators found to lessons to, to church tours given, we're finding people where ever we go. The ward has really caught the vision too and we're getting some great referrels. Debbie a ward members neighbor came to their son's baptism and Sis. Conger and I shared a short restoration lesson while they were changing after the baptism and afterwards she came up to us and was telling us how amazing it was that she felt something that she just didn't understand. We're hoping to meet with her again this week, but it really has been hard to even fit in appointments with our progressing investigators. Nicole fell off the radar completely. We called for several days and heard nothing and stopped by her house at least three times with nothing. I can't tell you the heartbreak I felt as the days went on. I couldn't understand what had happened. She's someone that I've really grown to love and I couldn't help but be discouraged. Yesterday however we finally caught her at home and she looked awful. She's been REALLY sick the past week and she apologized refusely for not calling us back and we set up an appointment to watch conference with her this week! As bad as the dissapointment was, nothing can compare to the relief I felt when I found out that she wasn't trying to get away but had just been sick. I've never been so happy to find out that someone was deathly ill. I almost feel guilty for how happy I was. But better physically ill that spiritually dead. Sis. Conger is amazing and came out so ready. She works hard and we keep eachother going. She's an amazing teacher and we're really becomming better missionaries together. I've already learned so much from her. We're only two weeks apart in age and have a lot in common. I love how patient and soft spoken she is. I'm learning to be likewise. The learning that has happened in the last two weeks has been immeasurable. It seems to be that the hardest times are often the times where we learn the most. Andrew Newton wrote about this forever ago and I thinking I'm only now begining to understand. I'm learning to be grateful when times are hard, thats where we grow the most. It's when times are going really well that we have to be careful. I'm grateful for the example of my companion, who no matter what the weather is like or how the day is going is happy to be wherever she is. It makes it easy for me to be happy. The other day I almost caught my self complaining about the rain when a man walking by said "It's not rain, its liquid sunshine" We shared a brief message with him but he didn't seem to be interested but his words will forever run through my mind when it rains. Thanks for all your love and prayers. I hope you all are doing well.
Love you! Sister Bradley

No comments: