Monday, March 8, 2010

First Transfer

Family,

Here I am on the last week of my first transfer! Time goes by faster than I could ever thought possible. Today marks the first day of my sixth week! We have transfers next Monday! I will be staying in Steilacoom but I will be loosing Sis. Jang. She will be headed back to Korea, I'm already mourning the loss of her. She's been such an amazing trainer, so patient with me. We had our first baptism together this last Sunday! What an amazing day that was. Jakki was baptized and half the ward showed up to support her. Thats how it should be! It never ceases to amaze me how much the ward can really help, or should I say do, missionary work. I'm the helper, they're the do'ers. I love that the Steilacoom ward is so excited to help and to give us referrels. Our mission motto is a poem: Faith is the Power, Love is the MotiveObedience is the Price, The Spirit is the KeyThe Restoration is the Message, Members are the MeansChrist is the Reason, Baptism is the way Jory is the Reward I LOVE this poem! Because every part of it is true! Especially "Mebers are the means" Just the other day I was out on splits with Sis. Pearson ( this bishops wife ) and we were really working hard to find a new investigator and as I was going through my list of potentials she said "We could just go over to my neighbors" So we did and sure enough they welcomed us in. They are an elderly couple but said that we could come back and share more! All because Sis. Pearson had the courage to just stop by with me. I'm sure they never would have let us in had Sis. Jang and I just knocked on their door. MEMBERS ARE THE MEANS! I realized that we're not just trying to share the gospel with our friends who might be interested, we're trying to share it with everyone. I'm so excited to be able to serve as a full time missionary for the next 18 months, but I'm so excited that I'm a member missionary forever! There is a special spirit that comes into these peoples lives as they actively get involved in member missionary work. I'm going to do the same. Elder Sitati from the seventy came this last week and gave a great talk on the creation and agency. It will help so much in teaching more simply. I got to shake his hand which was pretty awesome. We're still working hard to find more people. I lean on the power of prayer every step of the way. The Lord has his hand in this work and has been guiding us each step of the way. I'm working hard to be worthy of that guidence. Miracles are happening every day. I'm so grateful to be her in Washington doing his work. Next time you hear from me I'll tell you about my new companion!

Love Sister Bradley

No comments: