Monday, April 5, 2010

Never Enough Time

Dear Family,

Everyday seems to be too short. There are never enough hours in the day to do all that we need to and the nights come too quickly. Especially on P-day. I'm sorry if there are those who haven't received hand written letters in sometime, its not just you. I haven't had time to write any written letters to anyone in the last 3 weeks! I don't know where the time goes. The work here is amazing as ever. I can't believe how many miracles were seeing. I keep thinking that one day they'll stop and yet miracle after miracle happens every day. This is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing." I have seen that to be true. The Lord is so aware of me in a small town in Washington and he is aware of all the people I'm working with. What a comfort to know that I don't have to stress about anything as long as I'm doing what the Lord wants. Thats what the gospel brings, comfort. Thats why I'm out here. I want to share the comfort and happiness with everyone. The knowledge that Jesus Christ has died for all of mankind and that he lives again and that its through him that we too will live is a message beyond price. Even greater is the knowledge that He has modern day prophets and that the same church he organized almost two thousand years ago is here right now. The spirt of this work is URGENCY! I feel like I can't do enough fast enough! I think the greatest change of my life is not the lives that I'm able to help now, but the lives I can help for the rest of my life. I would have never gained the understanding of member missionary work until I had come out and been on the other side. Elder Bednar said something in a fireside that I watched in the MTC that has stayed with me. He said, "By all means go back to your homes after two years (18 months), but never leave the mission field." I'm never have to leave the mission field! How exciting is that. It brings a whole new meaning to D + C 4! I had to come out and receive a mission call to realize that long ago I had the desire to serve and had already been called to his work. This Saturday we're having our first baptism of the transfer! Saia is a 19 year old Somoan whe Sis. Conger and I have grown to love dearly. He is already talking about a mission and when we brought him a copy of Preach My Gospel he wouldn't even put it down long enough for us to share a lesson ;) He's going to be a rock in the church! Unfortunatly his family is very unsupportive and will likely kick him out of their home after his baptism. I'm in awe of his unwavering faith and desire to be baptized. It makes me realize the sacrifices I've made to be a member and to serve the Lord are very little. We have another 4 investigators set to be baptized in the coming three weeks. Specifically Nicole, Arianna, Matt, and Milton. Milton and his member wife Liane are in there 70's and tell me I remind them of their grandaughter :) It makes me feel like I'm not far from family. Keep Milton in your prayers, he's still got a ways to go. Jakki (baptized last transfer) is amazing as ever and attends church weekly and is very active in the Relief Society. I love her. I love these people! I'm already mourning the days when I'll have to leave the city of Steilacoom. What wonderful people are her, members and non members alike. I'm so excited for Elyse and I love you all. Thanks for all your prayers and letters. I'll do better to write next week I promise! Love you!

Love Sister Bradley

No comments: