Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Blessings Always Come


Familia,

It's been a wonderfully cold week here in Sequim. I wish some one would have warned me how cold it really is here. All I was told to bring a rain coat. HAH... its colder than Utah here. But no matter the weather, rain, sleet, snow or shine we go out... and we love it. My cheeks have a tendency to turn a lovely shade of dark bluish purple when the weather is damp and cold enough. It looks like I'm in the begining stages of hypo thermia, gratefully I'm not and its just this wierd thing my cheeks do, however, lots of people invite us in for a second, because apparently I look frozen. I've never been so happy to have my pale cheeks :)

Another week of firsts, as I've been on mission now over a year, but this Sunday was the first time I've been asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting. I didn't have a thing prepared as it was a last minute request, but the Bishop was inspired and I shared a story about member missionary work. Hopefully it went alright.

This week was dissapointing, and yet not discouraging. As we were working with Mik, Kristy, and Zarah to be baptized on Sunday, Mik was unable to find a place to move out. I don't know if I've ever applied more faith in my whole life. Unfortunately none of them were able to be baptized, but because of all the sacrifice and faith we applied the blessings came from other places. We set up three church tours on Saturday, and gave three church tours... one right after the other. I don't know if I've ever done that my whole mission. It was pretty amazing. Mik still came to church on Sunday and he's really hoping to be able to be baptized this next weekend. The experience taught me a valuable lesson that Elder Holland spoke on many years ago when he said, "Some blessings may come late, some might not come til Heaven, but they always come." I've never sacrificed so much for a family, nor spent so much time on my knees for an investigator, and although the blessing of their baptism hasn't happened yet, I saw blessings come so much that there almost wasn't room enough to recieve them.

The promise in D & C 82:10 is real..."I the Lord am bound when you do what I say." I've gained an unfailing trust in the Lord. He's perfect and cannot fail us. I'm so grateful that I can rely on Him. Love you all. Until next week.

Love Sister Bradley

No comments: