Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Members are the Means...still

Dear Family,
What a week! I feel like so much has happened that it has to have been more than a week. I'll do my best to not forget anything. The week started out with an amazing miracle. On Monday after our p-day we went out tracting, which was turning out rather unproductive when Sister Quigley, a single mom in our ward invited us over for a bbq and told us she had invited her non-member neighbor Carey and her daughter Elicia. So we dutifully finished our 5 to 7 tracting and went over to have dinner and a family home evening with the Quigley family. It was amazing to find that when we got there we knew Elicia. Just two weeks prior Sister Fox and I had knocked on her door. But she told us they weren't interested and we left. But when we really got to know them in a members home Carey opened up and said they had been looking for a church that had her same morals! So we set up to give them a tour of the church the next day. After we had talked to Carey for a little bit at the church she told us that she felt an overwhelming sense of peace as she drove in to the parking lot. When we showed her the chaple and talked about the ward and the sense of always having a home wherever you were, she again said, "I feel like I'm at home"! It was an amazing tour! She and Elicia came to church and to the Paul Cardall fireside later that week. Elicia is leaving for 2 months this Wednesday, but Carey is set for baptism on July 11th! I can't stress how much of a difference it makes to have members get involved! WE had ALREADY met this woman and for whatever reason she told us she wasn't interested! But when a neighbor had the courage to invite us over and to introduce us she felt comfortable to tell us that she really was looking! If it hadn't been for Sister Quigley, this woman could still be searching forever! As missionaries, we play such a small role in this plan, the members are the real heros! Sister Quigley didn't ask this woman if she was interested in looking into the church, she just invited the missionaries over! I'm excited to be able to do the same for my friends when I get home. Please do the same now, I wish I could express in words how big of a difference it makes to have members involved.
You may have noticed I slipped in something about a Paul Cardall fireside. It was AMAZING one of the members in our stake served his mission with Paul and had him come to do a fireside/concert. It was funny because the day before the concert was the day we were giving Elicia and Carey a tour of the church, naturally it was empty on a weekday so Sister Fox and I were turning on lights in the chapel when two men walked in talking, neither of which we recognized. The piano was lifted onto the stage for the fireside and one of the men said "thats an interesting way to do it" I piped up and said "Oh thats for a paul cardall fireside tomorrow" Both the men silently chuckled and the one said, "This is actually Brother Cardall"! My jaw dropped and I was star struck for a few seconds. I was able to get a picture with him and he actually was amazing fellowship for Elicia and Carey! He mentioned them in the fireside the following evening which really touched Carey. Do you know that Paul Cardall grew up in our stake? He went to Olympus High School!
Sister Fox is back here in Steilacoom with me for a week or two on an exchange, she hasn't been feeling well and president was worried about her so he sent Sister Fisher to Tacoma and sent Sister Fox back for a little while. Please keep them both in your prayers. I'm really worried about the both of them. I'm doing well, the weather is getting warmer but it cools off every evening into the 60's, I love this place. I was so excited to hear about Elyse's farewell and was sad to have missed it! I can't believe she leaves in two weeks! Tell all the family I love and miss them! Have a BBQ and invite some neighbors! Invite the missionaries! You never know if there interested unless you ask! I love you all! Talk to you soon!
Love Sister Bradley

No comments: