Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer is here...sort of

Dear Family,

Its been an interesting week here in Steilacoom. I know the area and the ward really well so I sometimes feel like some of the less active families are sick of me just knocking on their door. Sister Fisher and I are learning that we're going to have to be very creative this transfer to use our time well. We're excited to go street contacting at the Farmers Market on Wednesdays for an hour or two. We've been looking for any sort of service opportunity in Steilacoom, but out side of schools there really isn't much we can do and because of legal complexities we aren't aloud to serve in schools, any ideas? The Adkins family is doing great. Matt has been away for the past two weeks for military training in So. Carolina but should be back this weekend, but the rest of the family came to church. We met a really neat woman named Sarai this last week while tracting in the only appartment complex I haven't knocked. She used to be a Jehovah's Witness, but hasn't been practicing in years. We taught her the message of the restoration on her door step and our excited to continue teaching her this week. We're really struggling to find people to teach. Our teaching pool is somehow on empty again... (we just need to stop baptizing all of them lol) and were working hard to find more people which is harder than you think when you consider that I've almost knocked on every door out here. But the Lord is still in charch of this work and I have complete trust that we'll continue to find through our owwn efforts and the wards. I've started reading the New Testament and will attempt to finish by mid July as a mission goal. It's amazing! Sister Fisher and I have also taken up Elder Pearson's (former mission pres, but now a seventy) challange to read all of Preach My Gospel in the transfer, its something like five pages a day. Sister Fisher and I have started to run together in the mornings which is a lot of fun. The weather is perfect here, Dad's ideal golfing tempuratures, in the high 60's low 70's with a nice breeze. I think of him and Mark and Jared whenever I pass the Oakbrook Golf Course, I think its a club so its not like I could ever play there but it looks way nice. I loved all the pictures you sent me mom! I can't believe how big the girls are looking. My companion saw the pic of the three of you on the water fountain and asked how tall and old Lia was, it looks like she's got legs for days in that pic. We're still working with Daisha, the daughter of one of our recent converts, but she seems content to move at her own pace. I wonder if Moriya might send me a letter to give to her, just sharing your testimony? Your the same age! :) Hopefully she'll be getting baptized within the next 3 weeks. The Steilacoom ward has been thinking about transferring my records here permanently (JK) :) It will be hard to leave this place, its become home. I'm excited to be here with Sister Fisher, she's pretty amazing and we expect to see a lot of miracles this transfer as we work hard and are obedient. I love you all!

Love Sister Bradley

No comments: