Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Round Four in Steilacoom

Hello Family,
Transfers came and went and I'm yet again blessed to be in the city of Steilacoom. I feel like this has become my home. Its going to be really hard to have to leave here. Sister Fox was sent to Tacoma, so she's only 15 minutes away but I was sad to see her go. I'm now with the wonderful Sister Fisher, she is from Fallin Nevada and just got to Tacoma Washington on Monday. She's exceptional and I feel like she's training me instead of the other way around. She's part Hawaiin and part Puerto Rican. There is only one elder left in the zone thats been here as long as I have, its been sad to say goodbye to a lot of good friends, but good to make new ones. Steilacoom is doing wonderful, I don't know if I mentioned this last week but we had a baptism this last Saturday! Do you tire of me telling yout that it was a miracle...? because it was a complete miracle. We've been meeting with the Adkins family for about 2 and a half months now. It started as a referral from the military missionaries. When we went to meet the family Amanda, the mom immediately said she wanted to get Max (her 8 year old son) ready for baptism. Because he wouldn't be a convert baptism we didn't really have permission to teach him, until we found out that Matt, the dad wasn't a member. So we started teaching the lessons to "Max", but Matt was there for every lesson and Max was baptized three weeks later. We continued to go over to the Adkins, but now with the focus on Matt. Since the begining he just kept telling us that he didn't have the faith, but that he was willing to come to church and to read any scripture assignments we gave him. To be honest, I didn't think I would ever see Matt get baptized. Every time we thought we were progressing he would just tell us he still didn't have the faith. The weeks went by and two weeks ago a miracle happened as we watched the Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration with Matt. Through some inspired homework assignments we saw a light go on, I felt like I physically saw this young father gain a testimony of the prophet Joseph Smith. He was baptized on Saturday but has left for two weeks for military training in South Carolina. Amanda and Matt are already talking about going to the temple in a year. I'm a little nervous to be in Steilacoom still. I LOVE this place and I love the people, but I just don't want to become complacent. I'll hit my six month mark in my first area! I feel like I've knocked all the doors and know all the less active families, but I know I'm here because its where the Lord wants me, so I know that we can see more success here. We're especially excited for the Agor family. They are a less active and part member family from Hawaii. The grandparents are members and live in a home with there three children and there spouses and their ten unbaptized grandchildren all over the age of 8. Last weekend some of their cousins were baptized in Tacoma and we're excited to work with them. Since I've met this family I've been amazed at the unity and love you can feel in there home, currently Bro. Agor, the grandfather is battling esophigeal? cancer. He's such a sweet man. The other night I dreamed that I saw all of the grandchildren dressed in white. We're going to work hard to see that become a reality this transfer. I loved reading Alyse's letter. I can't believe She's serving with Elder Wade in Korea! Small world. This week we have zone conference, so its going to be a busy week. Thanks for all the emails and prayers. I was especially grateful for the letter that had a letter from Moriya, Lia, mom and dad! That was a good day :) I love you all!
Love Sister Bradley

No comments: