Tuesday, April 27, 2010

April Showers Bring May Flowers

Family!

How are you all? Things are as wonderful as ever here in Steilacoom. Transfers did indeed come and go! Sadly Sister Conger was sent to Centralia and that was a sad goodbye. Gratefully I did get to stay in Steilacoom. My new companion is Sister Fox, she is from North Salt Lake and just arrived in Washington on Monday! She was the only sister to come in with 5 other Elders but she was a trooper through it all. She is ready to work and Steilacoom is the place to be to learn how. This week was really good! Do you remember Nicole? I think I've mentioned her before. We've been working with her since I got to Steilacoom 12 weeks ago. She is 29 and has a sweet 3 year old daughter named Kaila. She is from Hawaii and married a member but he is no longer active in the church and they are going through a seperation. I instantly loved Nicole. I don't know what it was but I had such a desire to see her accept the gospel. But my past companions have all been doubtful, She's been meeting with missionaries since last summer and had yet to come to church or keep any commitments! This last transfer she finally came to church TWICE! And she set her own date for her baptism on Mothers Day! I'm so excited for her. That will be an amazing day for me as I've been here for some time working with her for what seemed impossible. At transfer meeting, my departing district leader bore his testimony and taught me a beautiful lesson. He quoted amazing grace "I once was blind, but now can see." He said that his mission was a constant battle of trying to see things as How they really are. I learned that the most important thing we can pray for is the Lord to help US see things as they REALLY are and then to ask how we can do whats best. I'll have to send you his final report, it was really good. I'm in a constant state of learning as I'm always with new missionaries. I have yet to have a transfer where one of us isn't a greenie! But I think I'm learning best that way. I love the energy that missionaries have when they get here there first transfer. My favorite thing to do is work hard. I don't know how to do everything, I'm not the best teacher, and definitely have a lot to work on, but I LOVE to work hard and the Lord is blessing Steilacoom as we do just that. Thank you so much for all your letters and prayers. I'll be calling home on Mothers Day, probably in the evening, I'll give you a time next week. Keep praying for missionary opportunites, they are everywhere. I love you all!

Love Sister Bradley

No comments: