Monday, September 27, 2010

Gratitude

My dear familia,

What a week it has been. I have an overwhelming sense of grattitude as I write home today. Where to begin,. Joshua was confirmed yesterday in Sacrament Meeting and has really jumped into the ward. I'm really proud of him. He's made some incredible changes to be where he is. Baptism and confirmation are a continuing miracle in my eyes.

We've been working with several families. But they are really struggling to come to church. However the miracle of the Roberts family has been pretty amazing. We met the mother months ago while tracting, but because she worksa graveyard we've been unable to set anything up. However this last Monday she was finally able to come on a church two with her two sons. Darrien (10) and Devin (12). As we showed them around the church Darrien couldn't stop asking questions, and when we showed him the baptismal font he asked when he could get baptized. After we shared Joseph Smith's first vision Devin, who had been relatively quiet the whole tour said "I feel like I'm supposed to be here, it feels good." They weren't able to come to church this Sunday, but commited for sure to come next Sunday and we already have an appointment to teach them the next lesson. I love the spirit that is in the chapel. Those two boys could feel it! I could feel it and I love it!

I've been studying Repentance and Atonement in my personal study this past week and have really been able to grow and understand them better than ever. As I've really learned the meaning of repentance, I realize that I've never really understood it's true meaning. Repenting is not something that is sad, or condemning, or embarrassing. Its exciting and sustaining. Its constant changing. As I've read about what the apostles and prohets have shared about repentance I've worked hard to apply it and internalize it. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ. Our Heavenly Father loves us so much, we really don't understand. My MTC teacher shared a profound experience with us and I'm remembering it now and only just begining to understand. We expect too little. We have a perfect, loving, immortal father who created us. If only everybody could know what that really means. As I have taken the atonement into my everyday life, I've felt a change in my heart and have felt excitment and joy as I've been able to have that fresh view of my self, of my Father in heaven, and of the world. I think that is the joy that Lehi felt when he partook of the fruit of the Tree of Life. I feel the same desire he felt to have his family (earthly and heavenly) partake of it also. I'm so grateful to have the opportunity to serve here in Washington. The field is truly "white and already to harvest".

I have come to know through personal prayer and action that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is here on the earth and that Thomas S. Monson is his prophet today. Through faith, repentance, baptism, the Holy Ghost, and enduring to the end we can return to our Father in Heaven. That is the docterine of Jesus Christ. It is simple. Jesus Christ lives and knows each of us. I'm so grateful for the sacrifices of many who have helped me gain my testimony. I love and pray for you.

love Sister Bradley

p.s. I'm SO SO excited for conference! I will look for you in the crowd, so try and make it for a session!

No comments: