Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Quick Letter

Hey family,
I just wrote you the longest letter ever! And the email just deleted it! I don't have a ton of time to re write this so I'll do the best that I can. I love washington, I flew in with the three sisters and elder in my district. I had the opportunity to share the gospel a little bit with the man I sat next to on the plane.
I got some serious vertigo as I landed at the SEA TAC airport. Washington is GREEN and there is water everywhere. I love it. My hair is just a frizz ball, it rained yesterday, but today we've had blue skies and its in the 50's. Pres. Bowen, Sis. Bowen and the AP's picked us up at the airport. They then took us to a chapel where we had our interview with Pres. Bowen and then our transfer meeting. My trainer is Sis. Jong, from Korea, this is her last transfer and she will only get to be with me for six weeks, so I'm going to learn all I can from her. Its funny, she is about 5'2 and I'm a foot taller than her. A lot of people look at us funny as we walk together. Its a good thing though. It was hard to leave my friends from the MTC after the transfer meeting. But all is well.
We were assigned to Lakewood (about 20 min. out of Tacoma) its very pretty. We are in a nice appartment where Elders used to live. They left us a ton of food. After the transfer meeting we went to dinner at our stake presidents house (pres. Stevens and his wife, sis. Stevens, who is our Relief Society president) After dinner Sis. Jong and I came back and did our planning for today and then I went to bed without even unpacking because I had been up for 20 hours straight, I was exhausted.
Thank you so much for all your letters, emails, and prayers. I appreciate it more than you can know. Right now I don't know my actual address here in Lakewood but as soon as I get it i will email it to you so we can continue writting letters for now just send them to the mission office and i will get them.
Today we had our zone meeting and were about to go on splits with the relief society president in a half an hour or so. I'm not as overwhelmed as I was yesterday, but I'm still a little nervous. Its hard to not have anyone with me that I'm not really good friends with, especially my MTC friends. But I love my companion.
Because my comp. is Korean, I have to drive, so I was given the keys to a brand new 2010 silver Corolla on my first day...slightly intimidated. I don't know the area at all and neither does Sis. Jang so it should take a while, I don't even know how to find out appartment when we leave, we have the DL show us the way before they head back to their area.
Lakewood is highly Korean, so it will be helpful to have a Korean comp. Apparently it is a very coveted part of the mission so were excited to just dive into the work. I'm so excited to be here and I'm thrilled to be sharing the gospel. I'm quickly learning that doing this is impossible unless you have an unwavering faith and trust in God. I'm gaining that faith and trust very quickly, as the area is new to both of us. Thank you for all your support and all that you do. Hopefully I can write you again soon. (Next monday) Until then! Love you!
Sister Bradley

No comments: