Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Letter 2

Hey Family!
This will be my long letter for everyone! Life in the MTC is just flying by. I can't believe that I leave here on Monday! The next time you hear from me I will in Tacoma! I'm so excited.
The learning that can happen in the MTC is really intense. I'm constantly in a state of learning. I have two amazing teachers, Bro. Olson and Bro. Reis. They've really help me grow and my teaching is improving so much. I'm so excited to actually get to use it in the field. The fear is starting to dissipate as I realize that the message I have to share is an easy one. You don't have to have eloquence, you just have to have a testimony and thats something that has been strengthened intensly as I've been here. Another thing we learned at a devotional with Elder Snow (pres. of the seventy) is tying the rest of your life with missionary work. I can't believe it took me 21 years to become a missionary. It took me actually coming out here and putting that tag on to realize that I could have always been a missionary if I had just opened my mouth more often. I'm not just a missionary for the next 18 months, I'm a missionary forever, until everyone knows the who Jesus Christ is. I'm going to tie the rest of my life to missionary work.
I've had some amazing experiences teaching volunteer investigators durring role plays. Somethng I've realized as I've been here is that it doesn't matter who the person is, member, non member, investigator, or inactive, my purpose here is to baptise, but more importantly its to help others come closer to Christ, and when I'm in a teaching appointment with a volunteer who is a member and their pretending to be an investigator, I can still help them come closer to Christ. It is an amazing experience. If there is one thing I could tell you it would be to start being a missionary now! It doesn't take a call or a name tag to bring someone, anyone, closer to Christ. I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve full time. I love you all and I'll write you in a week from Tacoma!
Love Sister Bradley

No comments: