Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dear Family,
Tacoma is basically the Meca of my mission and I didn't know why until this past week. We were able to tract every day and we were able to find four new investigators that way! The people here are really humble and prepared. My area has a rough part of town and a pretty nice part, so we have to be way careful where we park the car and what we leave in sight of the windows. Smashed windows are an everyday occurence here, and actually happend three weeks ago to our car when I was out here on a split with sister Crowley.
I was able to go to the house dad was born in! Its actually just right outside of my area. I'll have to go take a picture of it sometime soon so I can send it to you. He actually lives really close to Sue Horgan.
Ariana is doing great and is actually getting baptized this next weekend. We're super excited for her. Amanda didn't make it to church, but she's actually about to go through an intense legal battle for her two little girls, which is really sad. Keep them both in your prayers. I'm learning that the prayers of others really do make a world of difference. This last week we made a deal with two elders in our zone that if they prayed specifically for us, than we would pray specifically for them. It's been amazing, and I wish I had the time to write all the miracles that both our companionship and their companionship saw. I've pondered on why that is and I think I've had some personal revelation. It combines some of the most important principles of the gospel. First Faith. Without it we learn in Ether 12 as well as in Moroni 7 that "Miracles are wrought by faith" and not through any other way. Second selfless service. We put someone else needs above our own and the windows of heaven seem to open. I'm grateful for their willingness to pray for us.
The work is going great here. My testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is strengthened everyday as I share it with these wonderful people. There is no better way to strenghten your testimony than to share it. Thats why missionaries testimonies grow so rapidly, thats all we do. It's an amazing blessing and privelage to be able to do so. I love you all.
Love Sister Bradley

No comments: