Tuesday, August 17, 2010

No unhallowed Hand

Dear Family,
The end of the summer is coming to a near, but the tempuratures have spiked here in Tacoma. We've been in the 90's the past five days! I've acclimated to Washington that the 90's make me feel like I'm going to have a heat stroke, and no one has air conditioning, except for the church, so we try to bribe people there sometimes with cold water fountains and air conditioned rooms lol. Whatever gets them there right?
This week was mixed with high's and lows. Our investigator Craig was supposed to get baptized yesterday, but because of some mistakes he's been pushed back til next week or possibly the latter. Aireana was confirmed in Sacrament meeting on Sunday, which was really neat, she told me and Sister Fox that she wanted to serve a mission! Bo Chambers a woman I tracted into on splits a few weeks ago came on a church tour and brought her daughter to church this sunday. They're both set for baptism for the 29th of this month. She's so sweet. She asked us if she could make us quilts lol. This woman is going to be amazing in the relief society! She has a fifteen year old son that we havent' met yet that we hope will get baptized soon as well. She's such a prepared person, her brother is a member and she looked into the church thirty years ago, but is only now ready to make the commitment, but she is so ready. She will be my first baptism that I've actually tracted into and found and baptized.
It's amazing to see the Lord's work unfold. "No unhallowed hand can stop the work from progressing!" I've seen that! The work pushes forward uninterupted. I've been able to me an instrument in His hands. The task, is finding how we can be even more effective in the Lord's symphony. The trick is that if everyone has mastered their own part, that there are no solo's but a perfect orchestra working as one. I love this work!
Love Sister Bradley

No comments: