Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Doubt not Fear not


Family,
How is everybody! So crazy things happen on your mission! You just never know what the Lord is going to do for you. Transfers were this Monday, and for the first time since I arrived in Steilacoom six months ago I was transferred! I'm now serving in the Skyline Tacoma area, which is quite literally down town Tacoma! I LOVE it. Tracting is SO effective. People everywhere want to come on tours of the church. I can already tell that its going to be an amazing 6 weeks here. Funny part is I'm back with Sister Fox, which we were just together two transfers ago, but we're SO excited to be back together. We know how the other works and are really able to teach well together, so we're super excited to be put in such a prepared area. There are a lot of part member families that we're excited to work with!
Today we met with two people. The first is Amanda, she is 29 and she has five children. She has been investigating the church for forever, but has SO many questions. Today we talked about how ulitmately it all depends on three things. Is Jesus Christ the son of God, Is Joseph Smith a prophet of God, and is the Book of Mormon the word of God. She committed to pray specifically about these three things and I took the same challange and invite you to do the same. I sincerely believe that any concern can be solved if you have a steadfast testimony in these three things.
We also met with Ariana whose family was baptized three months ago, but she is the oldest of 6 siblings(she's 14) and decided to wait until she knew for certain. I've just met her but she told us that she is ready and wants to but that she has a lot of doubts after she decides. I told her what I did when I had doubts about my purpose out here on a mission. I shared Doctrine Covenents 6 "Look unto me in every thought, doubt not, fear not" And told her that the second any doubts or fears came to my mind, I litterally look to my Savior, whether through prayer, scriptures or just closing my eyes and thinking of Him. All doubts and fears are silenced by just the thought of his face. She's planning on getting baptized this Sunday! We're excited for her. I've got to run, but I love you all and pray for you!
Love Sister Bradley

No comments: